I have a great idea for a novel. You know what would make it even better?…
How to Help
If you’d like to help get my book written, here are some ideas for how you can help:
- Just look around, read the pages and posts, including Comments.
- Give a thumbs up to the Comments you like best.
- Leave your own comments. See the Comments Policy below.
- Tell your friends about this site. Send an email, post a link on your blog, or just use the Like button at the right to go to my page on Facebook and Like it.
- Have fun. I want your wildest, most creative ideas, so don’t hold back.
- Comment as often as you want on every post.
- You have to sign in to comment; I’m pretty sure you can use your Facebook account to do that.
- I really do plan to finish this novel at some point and I really do plan to use any feedback you give me to help accomplish that goal. So, please do not post anything you would not want to see published in a book, and please understand that I am taking your posting here as permission to use your comments.
- Please do not post any copyrighted material; that could get me into serious trouble.
- Give a thumbs up or a reply to other ideas you like.
- If you happen to know the name of my employer, please don’t mention it or post about work stuff here. There are rules about the use of social media where I work, and I plan to play it very safe in that regard.
- Remember: we’re in brainstorming mode for now. Chuck Jones (creator of the Road Runner and other Loony Tunes) had a policy for developing new cartoons: When someone has an idea, they bring it to the table. Anyone who wants to can add to the idea, but no one criticizes. You know which ones are the good ideas because they generate all the responses. I think that’s a good policy for this stage.
- I do ask that you refrain from engaging in arguments over viewpoints on this blog. We’re building a whole fantasy world here, so hot button issues are bound to come up – politics, religion, you name it. I have my own viewpoint on those issues, but my friends run the gamut from atheist to fundamentalist, Christian to Hindu, from way left to way right. I want people to feel comfortable sharing their ideas from their own perspectives.
- Obviously, any profane, abusive, defamatory, etc. comments will be deleted and the offender banned. Not that anyone I know would do that, but this is the internet; they’ll let anyone on here.
That’s about it. If you can think of any ways to improve this blog, leave a comment below. Thanks for reading this far!